The CRA's Legal Center consists of a top-notch team of attorneys who take the guesswork out of the multitude of laws and regulations affecting restaurants. CRA members qualify for 15 minutes of free legal advice per month through the Helpline.
We work to develop partnerships that provide tangible value to our members. Leverage your membership with vendors that represent every facet of running a restaurant, with the potential to save enough to cover the cost of your annual membership dues.
Industry News (RSS)
- June 17, 2013
- California Budget Puts Some Health Care Issues on Hold
- June 16, 2013
- 2 More Hepatitis A Lawsuits Filed Against Townsend Farms
- June 11, 2013
- Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles to feature emcee duo
- June 10, 2013
- Teams on board for Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles
- June 7, 2013
- Join MasterCard in its fight against cancer
- June 3, 2013
- Los Angeles restaurant industry to honor Susan Feniger, Mary Sue Milliken with Lifetime Achievement Award
- May 13, 2013
- Sonja Spowart joins California Restaurant Association as senior vice president of finance, operations
- May 13, 2013
- San Diego City Council to vote on proposed changes to sidewalk café regulations Tuesday
- Oppose Berkeley’s local minimum wage proposal
The Berkeley City Council recently requested that the city manager draft a minimum wage ordinance for review and consideration by the city’s commission on labor. A subcommittee of the Commission on Labor will host two public hearings to gather information at 3 p.m. Tuesday or 3 p.m. June 18 at the Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center, 2180 Milvia St., Cypress Conference Room, First Floor.
- Full Assembly to vote on annual minimum wage hikes
This week, the full Assembly will consider AB 10 (Alejo), which proposes to raise the minimum wage by $1.25 over three years and then put wage increases on auto-pilot for annual increases. If approved, this proposal will kick in the same day that the federal government’s employer health care mandate will begin on Jan. 1, 2014. Help the CRA in its efforts by contacting your Assemblymembers via our online system.