There are 35 item(s) tagged with the keyword "CRAEF".
- Displaying: 1 - 10 of 35
- 1. 12th annual California ProStart Cup set for March 16-17 at Sacramento Convention Center
(SACRAMENTO, March 6, 2014) – More than 200 high school students will descend on the Sacramento Convention Center on March 16 and 17 for the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s (CRAEF) twelfth annual California ProStart Cup. The overall event includes the BJ’s Restaurants Management Cup, and the Boyd’s Coffee Culinary Cup. The convention center is at 1400 J St. in Sacramento.
- 2. The Cheesecake Factory Charitable Foundation to send California ProStart Cup winners to national invitational
(SACRAMENTO, Feb. 20, 2014) – Contributions from The Cheesecake Factory Oscar and Evelyn Overton Charitable Foundation will ensure the winning culinary and management teams from the 2014 California ProStart Cup, presented by the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF), will go on to compete in the 2014 National ProStart Invitational May 3-5 in Minneapolis, Minn. The state competition will be held March 16-17 at the Sacramento Convention Center.
- 3. Boyd’s Coffee proud to sponsor CRA Educational Foundation Competition
(SACRAMENTO, Feb. 13, 2014) – Boyd Coffee Co., one of the oldest family-owned coffee companies in the world, based in Portland, Ore., will return as the title sponsor of the 2014 California ProStart Culinary Cup, the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF) announced today. The 12th annual competition will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center March 16-17.
- 4. BJ’s Restaurants returns as ProStart Management Cup title sponsor
(SACRAMENTO, Feb. 6, 2014) – Huntington Beach-based BJ's Restaurants Inc., in partnership with its BJ's Restaurants Foundation, will return as the title sponsor for the 2014 ProStart Management Cup, hosted by the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF). The 12th annual competition will be held at the Sacramento Convention Center March 16-17.
- 5. San Juan High to host Culinary Institute of America Master Chef Friday
The California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF) and The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) have teamed to bring a renowned chef to Sacramento for a live demonstration at San Juan High School, which will broadcast to culinary classrooms across California.
- By Angie Pappas
- 6. Orange County restaurant industry leaders to present $11K contribution to local youth culinary education programs
(ORANGE COUNTY, Oct. 17, 2013) – The California Restaurant Association (CRA) Orange County chapter will present a $11,000 contribution to local high school culinary and hospitality management programs at an event slated for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Hyundai Sky Garden in Orange County.
- 7. Charity donation site Causora features CRAEF, seeks restaurant participants
The California Restaurant Educational Foundation (CRAEF) has joined forces with Causora, a start-up website that rewards charity donations with vouchers to local restaurants.
- By CRA Staff
- 8. CRAEF to host Farm-to-Fork educator training series
Twenty-five high school culinary and hospitality management educators will convene at the Art Institute Sacramento Saturday as part of a regional Farm-to-Fork Initiative workshop series hosted by the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF). The workshop will include tips for establishing Farm-to-School projects and school gardens and developing and maintaining partnerships with local farms, as well as best practices on teaching healthy cuisine elements in the classroom.
- 9. 10 restaurant exec-chef teams to throw down at second annual Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles event Aug. 18
(SACRAMENTO, Aug. 9, 2013) – Ten powerhouse restaurant companies have signed on to compete in the second annual Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles, a fundraising event that will benefit the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF). The battle will commence at 3 p.m. Aug. 18 in conjunction with the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- 10. CRA Educational Foundation, Habit Burger Grill team to raise funds at Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
For the fourth year, the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF) will partner with the Habit Burger Grill to raise money and awareness about the Foundation Aug. 18-20 at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
We work to develop partnerships that provide tangible value to our members. Leverage your membership with vendors that represent every facet of running a restaurant, with the potential to save enough to cover the cost of your annual membership dues.
The CRA is committed to providing the California restaurant industry with comprehensive support as it moves toward implementing health care reform. Find a host of resources at calrest.org/healthcare or ask our staff a specific question.
Industry News (RSS)
- March 10, 2014
- Survey: Consumers expect to spend less on dining out in 2014
- March 7, 2014
- Chefs and Restaurateurs Weigh In: How to Handle Yelp
- March 7, 2014
- Menu economics: Pricing the plate
- February 27, 2014
- Avalanche of new laws introduced as Legislature faces key deadline
- February 25, 2014
- New bare hand contact law undergoes legislative scrutiny
- February 20, 2014
- Restaurant quick tips: Make changes today to conserve water
- February 18, 2014
- CRA Sacramento chapter to co-present Green Restaurant Symposium Feb. 24
- March 6, 2014
- 12th annual California ProStart Cup set for March 16-17 at Sacramento Convention Center
- March 6, 2014
- Statement: CRA, Neighborhood Market Assoc. respond to CPI report on wages in San Diego
- February 27, 2014
- California ProStart Cup executed with generous support of sponsors
- Continued lawsuit trend: Class-action suits being filed over gift cards
In January 2008, California’s gift card laws changed entitling the holder of a gift card, upon request, to receive cash back from a business on any gift card that has a value of less than $10.
- Tell Assemblyman Linder what it takes to run a restaurant Feb. 6
Join Assemblyman Eric Linder on Feb. 6 for light hor d'oeuvres at his Inland Empire district office for a free discussion about current issues affecting your business. Assemblyman Linder is seeking feedback from local restaurant owners on issues including but not limited to minimum wage increases, costly regulations, food safety and health care. Let your voice be heard.