We're always on the go. For a glimpse at what the CRA and our Foundation has been up to lately, peruse our archives of videos, photo galleries and webinars.
May 23, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Extensive documentation a must for dealing with problem employee
CRA Legal Center attorney Alden Parker of Weintraub Tobin offers advice in dealing with an employee who has a pattern of lateness and no-shows.
April 29, 2013
- Video: Restaurant operators ask about Covered California's options for small businesses
Two Sacramento-based independent restaurant owners are featured in a new video produced by the California Chamber of Commerce to answer questions about Covered California, the state's health exchange.
April 26, 2013
- Health Care 201: Can tiered benefits be used to reward management?
An operator can opt to offer increased coverage to different employee tiers, according to the panel of experts on hand for the Health Care 201: Implementing the Affordable Care Act session held April 10 in Sacramento.
March 20, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Off-the-clock claims based on managerial control
Attorney Alden J. Parker discusses issues with when an employee works on- or off-the-clock.
March 5, 2013
- Legal Center Live: 'Hands-off' approach best for independent contractors
Attorney Alden J. Parker gives advice on how to properly classify an independent contractor.
February 11, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Proceed carefully when using surcharges
Attorney Alden J. Parker gives advice on whether a restaurant should attempt integrating a customer surcharge to pay for employee health care costs.
February 11, 2013
- Video: 2012 Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim
Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim at the 2012 Western Food & Hospitality Expo was a huge success. The event included 10 high-caliber restaurant companies, attracted hundreds of attendees and raised more than $45,000 for the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF). Now you can relive the excitement through a new video produced by CRAEF.
January 24, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Restaurants typically must eat cost of overlooked charges
Attorney Alden J. Parker gives advice about whether an operator can recoup an unexpected loss from a forgotten bill item.
January 1, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Accrued vacation considered wages by law
Weintraub and Tobin attorney, Alden J. Parker, addresses "use it or lose it" vacation questions in this installment of Legal Center Live.
August 13, 2012
- Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim
Photos the inaugural Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim event.