We're always on the go. For a glimpse at what the CRA and our Foundation has been up to lately, peruse our archives of videos, photo galleries and webinars.
November 11, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Documentation a must before testing employees for drugs
Alden J. Parker, an attorney with Weintraub Tobin, says drug abuse in the workplace is a common and ongoing legal issue that can be difficult to address.
October 7, 2013
- Legal Center Live: No penalties currently, but notification acknowledgement recommended
CRA Legal Center attorney Alden J. Parker of Weintraub Tobin addresses the health care regulations that are in flux with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
September 4, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Last check for former employee is best delivered in person
Anthony Zaller, an employment litigation attorney at Van Vleck Tuner & Zaller LLP, states that there are specific guidelines about how and when employers should delvier final wages.
May 30, 2013
- Health Care 201: Who is responsible if individual health costs exceed 9.5% threshold?
Though a payroll processor may offer reimbursement, ultimately it's up to the restaurant operator to ensure an employee's health care costs remain under the 9.5% threshold mandated in the Affordable Care Act, according to the panel of experts on hand for the Health Care 201: Implementing the Affordable Care Act session held April 10 in Sacramento.
May 23, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Extensive documentation a must for dealing with problem employee
CRA Legal Center attorney Alden Parker of Weintraub Tobin offers advice in dealing with an employee who has a pattern of lateness and no-shows.
April 29, 2013
- Video: Restaurant operators ask about Covered California's options for small businesses
Two Sacramento-based independent restaurant owners are featured in a new video produced by the California Chamber of Commerce to answer questions about Covered California, the state's health exchange.
April 26, 2013
- Health Care 201: Can tiered benefits be used to reward management?
An operator can opt to offer increased coverage to different employee tiers, according to the panel of experts on hand for the Health Care 201: Implementing the Affordable Care Act session held April 10 in Sacramento.
March 20, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Off-the-clock claims based on managerial control
Attorney Alden J. Parker discusses issues with when an employee works on- or off-the-clock.
March 5, 2013
- Legal Center Live: 'Hands-off' approach best for independent contractors
Attorney Alden J. Parker gives advice on how to properly classify an independent contractor.
February 11, 2013
- Legal Center Live: Proceed carefully when using surcharges
Attorney Alden J. Parker gives advice on whether a restaurant should attempt integrating a customer surcharge to pay for employee health care costs.