Our trade show
Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo lands in Anaheim Aug. 17-19, 2014
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo (WFHE) is the preeminent annual West Coast event for thousands of hospitality insiders to discover the latest and greatest industry innovations. Whether you’re searching for new products or looking to network with vendors, service providers and fellow industry professionals, WFHE has opportunities for all that and more.
At WFHE, attendees can:
- connect with hundreds of exhibitors
- meet the California Restaurant Association membership team
- attend dozens of educational seminars on topics that will help uncover hot new trends and increase profits.
For more information on exhibiting or attending WFHE, call 800.840.5612 or visit www.westernfoodexpo.com.
- October 1, 2013
- ProStart student joins Garden Fresh team after competing at Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles
What happens when a ProStart student gives an amazing performance at the annual Culinary Clash? Sometimes, in addition to the potential glory of a win, they can receive a much more rewarding prize - an employment opportunity.
- October 10, 2013
- US Foods holds expo for 'Food Fanatics' in Orange County
In what's being hailed as the "future of food shows," US Foods is proud to invite the restaurant industry and its service providers to the Food Fanatics Live event, taking place Oct. 23 in Costa Mesa.
- August 21, 2013
- Yard House, Daily Grill, Crossroads Café win big at Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles
Hundreds of Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo attendees swarmed the second annual Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles event Aug. 18, as 10 top restaurant companies went head to head in a fiery cooking competition.
- August 20, 2013
- ‘Make it a Habit’ campaign raises more than $8,600 for CRAEF
The California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s “Make it a Habit to Support CRAEF” campaign resulted in $5,641 raised by attendees at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo Aug. 18-20 in Los Angeles.
- August 7, 2013
- ServSafe debuts new food allergy training course
If headlines are any indication, most Americans are aware that food allergy issues are increasing across the nation. But recently released statistics are sobering: Allergy issues have increased by 18% over the last 10 years, and half of all allergy fatalities occur outside the home. It's estimated that food allergies are dealt with by more than 15 million American diners. In the restaurant industry, there is no room for error when it comes to food allergen awareness for staff and patrons.
- August 1, 2013
- CRA offers members the VIP treatment at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
California Restaurant Association (CRA) members attending the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo are invited to take advantage of the CRA VIP Lounge, a private retreat exclusive to members that will be open for the duration of the show.
- July 31, 2013
- Chef K joins line up to judge Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles
Khristianne Uy, the celebrity chef most famous for winning ABC's The Taste reality cooking show will join five other judges for this year's Culinary Clash event.
- July 18, 2013
- Cast a vote in the Culinary Clash online fundraiser
The second annual Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles event has already generated more than $70,000 for the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (CRAEF), but organizers are hoping an online fundraiser will spark enough support to surpass its goals.
- July 10, 2013
- Sponsors line up to support Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles fundraiser
For a second year, the Coca-Cola Corporation has generously agreed to be the title sponsor for the Culinary Clash event at the Western Foodservice and Hospitality Expo, adding to the more than $70,000 raised during this year's event.
- June 25, 2013
- CRA to offer up health care resources at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
Committed to helping operators make sense of the new health care law, the California Restaurant Association (CRA) will bring along our team of national, state and local experts to the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo Aug. 18-20 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The CRA Health Care Hub will provide free consultations with health care experts throughout all three days of the show. The service is available to all foodservice, lodging, and retail attendees the show on a first-come, first-served basis.
- June 20, 2013
- ABC's Taste in search of chefs, to host open casting in Los Angeles June 29
Popular ABC reality TV cooking competition The Taste, has announced its second season open casting call both online and live in four cities: Los Angeles, Chicago, Nashville and New York City.
- June 10, 2013
- Teams on board for Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles
Ten renowned restaurants companies have signed on for this year's Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles, slated for Aug. 18 at the 2013 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo.
- June 11, 2013
- Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles to feature emcee duo
Culinary Clash: Battle Los Angeles will feature a dynamic emcee in the form of Merrill "Mr. Eats" Shindler, backed up by cohost, restaurant recruiter Sarah Christopher. The event will take place at 3 p.m. Aug. 18 at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo.
- May 16, 2013
- WFHE issues warning concerning fraudulent hotel booking
The Western Food and Hospitality Expo, in conjunction with the show’s official housing vendor, OnPeak, has issued a warning regarding other parties offering housing for the event.
- July 18, 2012
- Hiring? Consider Le Cordon Bleu for qualified candidates
Restaurant operators who choose a Le Cordon Bleu graduate or extern can be confident that they’re getting someone motivated to meet the challenges and demands of the position. As a testament to Le Cordon Bleu students’ qualifications and professionalism, many employers return to the school again and again to offer externships and to hire or inquire about new graduates.
- June 4, 2012
- Restaurant teams on board for Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim
The California Restaurant Association’s Educational Foundation’s (CRAEF) Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim event is still months away, but 10 California restaurant companies have already stepped up, filling the event roster.